Now is the time to invest in social media advertising for your business. Why? There’s one thing that advertising on social platforms can achieve that other marketing strategies can’t.
Social media connects you to an audience like no other. Facebook alone has more than 2 billion monthly users. To give you a little perspective on how huge that number is, the entire world population is currently at about 7.6 billion.
That’s more than a quarter of the world’s population on just one platform every month.
That alone speaks to the value of social advertising, but let’s take this concept and get a little more personal with it. What you really want to know is what social advertising can do for your business and your brand image. Let’s dig in and see what we find.
Not All Social Advertising Is Created Equally
Before we get into the weeds on the importance of social media advertising, we think it’s worth taking a minute to talk about how social advertising differs across the many social channels. The way you’ll reach your target audience through social advertising shifts among the platforms, and what works best for one business might not be best for yours.
The key is knowing who your target audience is and where to find them.
For example, Facebook generally has a more varied audience in terms of age, gender, and lifestyle than the other popular social platforms. They’re slightly older. Yes, you’ll find Generation Z there, but it’s also the spot where you’re most likely to find baby boomers. This means that Facebook advertising will lean toward success with a different audience than Snapchat.
On Facebook, an effective advertising strategy is to generate traffic to your site through a lead generation offer. However, for Instagram, user engagement is considerably higher. Over 4% of Instagram users engage with a brand’s post, while that number is only about 1% on Facebook.
Because of the higher engagement rate, you might have greater success with Instagram ads that link directly to a product page because the consumer is already further along in the buying journey.
The first rule of social advertising is to familiarize yourself with the different platforms and discover which are the best for connecting with your audience and achieving your advertising goals.
The 5 Ways Social Advertising Is Important for Your Business
You care about your business, and we do, too. Here are our top five reasons why social advertising is critical to your digital marketing strategy.
- Organic reach isn’t far enough. With so many brands on social platforms, organic reach is decreasing. Social advertising pulls you up out of a sea of unnoticed posts.
- People are tired of seeing your ads. While this sounds contradictory, users who generate traffic to your site don’t like disruptive pop ups and banners. Social advertising doesn’t disrupt the user experience.
- Content is important. Marketing is a content driven world, and it’s tough to get quality content into other forms of advertising. With social media, content is a natural component.
- It ups your organic search. Paid social advertising will make it easier for your business to appear in organic search results.
- The world is your audience. Social advertising gets you in front of the largest target audience with the least amount of effort.
If you aren’t using social advertising, then it’s time to ask yourself: why? What is holding you back? If you have questions, we’re here to help. Contact Quincify today to learn more about what social advertising can do for your business.