Certain third-party providers of tools utilized in the Services also gather information from you, as described below. These third parties have their own privacy practices, and we encourage you to familiarize yourself with them.
No children under 13: The Services are not directed at or intended for use by children under 13 years old. You are not permitted to use the Services if you are under 13. Please review our Terms for additional information.
Users outside the United States: The Services are not targeted at users outside the U.S. Please be advised that if you are located in the European Union or another region with laws related to data collection, use and transfer that may differ from U.S. law, your personal information submitted through the Services and transferred to the U.S. may not have the same legal data protection as in your jurisdiction.
The information we gather
QMI and certain third-party providers of tools utilized in the Services gather two types of information:
(1) Non-personally identifiable information: When you use the Services, we may collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” Collecting such information involves the logging of IP addresses, operating system and browser software used by each user. Although such information is not personally identifiable, we can determine from the IP address a visitor’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
The non-personally identifiable information QMI collects helps us diagnose problems with our server, administer the Services, identify the most popular areas or features of the Services, and determine the effectiveness of our promotional activities.
Cookies: The Services use “cookies”—that is, small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive—to help us determine the type of content and sites to which you link, the length of time you spend at any or feature of the Services, and your usage of the Services.
Essentially, cookies are your identification cards for our computers, or servers that placed them there. Cookies are only read by the server that placed them, and are unable to execute any code or virus. Cookies allow us to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalize your experience on or with the Services. Nevertheless, youcontrol how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser or device. For more information on how to do so, please refer to the documentation accompanying your browser or device.
Do Not Track: , this Web site and the Services do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms and preferences, which may include “do not track” instructions. However, you may adjust the privacy preferences of your browser, including the control of how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser or device. For more information on how to do so, please refer to the documentation accompanying your browser or device.
(2) Personally identifiable information: QMI and certain third-party providers of tools utilized in the Services collect personally identifiable information through voluntary submissions you make via the Services. These voluntary submissions include data you submit through our “contact us” and careers or jobs pages and to obtain reviews or request information from us. Certain other features of the Services and third-party tools utilized in the Services may require that you provide personally identifiable information (including, for example, mailing address, zip code, gender, age, date of birth, income, phone number and e-mail address, and when applicable, credit card information). QMI does not receive or have access to credit card information that may be collected from third party service providers. By using the Services, you consent to the processing of your personal information by our third-party service providers in the manner and for the purposes described here and in their respective privacy policies.
In addition, when registering to set up a membership or an account or to use certain aspects of the Services such as e-mail, chat features, and forums, or to receive certain newsletters or specifically targeted information, we do require that you provide a valid e-mail address, date of birth and zip code. Additional personally identifiable information may also be voluntarily provided by you.
In addition, QMI may collect information about your location when you access any of our mobile applications. If you do not enable the service to use your location information or if the app does not have that feature, we will not collect or store your location information.
How we use the information we gather
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways we use the information that we gather.
(1) How we use and share non-personally identifiable information: QMI uses non-personally identifiable information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more effective and more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of the users of the Services, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas and features of the Services. QMI may provide statistical information based on this data to affiliates and other current and potential business partners for advertising, promotional and other purposes.
(2) How we use and share personally identifiable information: QMI uses and shares personally identifiable information collected through the Services as follows.
• During the registration process or during other interactions with the Services, you may choose to “opt in” to receiving promotional materials from us and/or our affiliates, advertisers, or other business partners and QMI. If you “opt in” to receiving such promotional materials, we and QMI reserve the right to release any personally identifiable registration information regarding you to third parties who provide goods or services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you decide that you would like to discontinue receiving promotional information from such third parties, please contact those third parties directly, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• QMI may use your e-mail address to deliver newsletters, alerts, reviews and other information requested by you. QMI limits our own e-mail contact and solicitations to those customers who have “opted in” to receiving such communications. The solicitations are limited in that they, among other things, will clearly indicate the originator of the e-mail and provide the customer with a method of “opting out” of receiving future communications of a similar nature.
• QMI may use your personal information to respond to and evaluate employment opportunities in response to your employment inquiries.
• Your personal information may also be an asset of QMI’s business transferred to a third party in the event of a sale, merger or other business combination involving QMI.
• QMI may also use individual members’ or users’ data to “pre-populate” forms, which are displayed collecting individual data by us and/or our sponsors. In no case does pre-populating a form transfer any data to any advertiser or third party. Only if the member voluntarily requests that such data be transferred will any transfer take place—for example, if/when a member clicks a “submit form” button or other button the data will be transferred.
QMI reserves the right to disclose your personal information: 1) to comply with a law, regulation, or other governmental request, for example, to comply with subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or requests by law enforcement or governmental entities; (2) to investigate or defend against third-party claims against QMI; (3) to detect, prevent, or investigate fraud or other illegal activity or to enforce the Terms; (4) to respond to a request by you to disclose the information; (5) with your knowledge and consent; and (6) to address emergencies or acts of god. QMI may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on QMI’s behalf (including cloud, web and/or server hosting services and providers of third-party tools used in the Services); QMI does not authorize such third parties to use your personal information except as necessary to provide services to QMI or for purposes authorized by QMI.
Interest based advertising and IP targeting: QMI may work with data providers to serve advertising to you through display media or other methods. These providers may use personal information that we have collected or that you have provided to locate you online, such as when you visit or log in to websites or mobile applications. This information may be linked to online identifiers or IP addresses assigned to you, and to demographic or interest-based data, in order to target you with relevant advertising, including about our products or services. To learn more about or opt out of this and other interest-based advertising, please visit the industry opt-out pages operated by the DAA, at http://www.aboutads.info and by the NAI at http://networkadvertising.org.
Retention of personal information
QMI will retain your personal information collected through the Services for as long as QMI deems reasonably necessary or desirable, unless a different retention period is required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. QMI reserves the right to delete or destroy any such information at any time.
Changing/deleting personal information
If you wish to correct, update, amend, or delete/remove personal information that is provided through the Services, you may contact us by email at email@example.com. QMI will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
Third parties and links
The Services may contain links to other Internet web sites and services, including co-branded or other affiliated or unaffiliated sites that may or may not be owned or operated by QMI. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, QMI is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites or services, including their use of any information collected when members, users or visitors to the Services click through links to those sites. Even though such information might not identify you personally, QMI strongly encourages you to become familiar with the privacy practices of those sites and services. QMI encourages users to be aware when they leave this Web site or our Services.
QMI cannot and does not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties, including the firstname.lastname@example.org; QMI will make reasonable efforts to forward your message to the third party.they use information received either from us or independently. Nevertheless, in the event you encounter any third party associated with, or who claims association with, us who you feel is improperly collecting or using information about you, please contact
Updated September 29, 2017