When you geek out about digital marketing trends as much as we do, it’s impossible to not be excited when the next big thing emerges in the marketing industry. There’s something that’s been flying around on the digital marketing radar lately, and it’s huge for building your brand with video.
We’re talking about drones, those little unmanned aerial vehicles that have completely revolutionized how we view video in marketing.
Capturing the Aerial Advantage
Audiences love drone videos because they provide a perspective that’s different than what they’re accustomed to in their day-to-day life. When you’re used to standing on the ground and looking at everything eye level, an aerial perspective can be fascinating. Not surprisingly, photography is the number one industry using drones in the United States.
While any business can tap into the potential of drone videos for marketing, there are a few types of content for which drone videos are especially well-suited. Here are just a few ideas:
- Real estate videos
- Sporting event coverage
- Hospitality marketing, especially for hotels and resorts
- Party planning and wedding videos
- Marketing a home security service
- Marketing sports gear
This is only the beginning. The potential for using drone videos in your marketing strategy is limited only by your imagination.
Building Drone Videos into Your Digital Marketing Strategy
If you love the concept and perspective that drone videos provide, then now’s the time to jump in and revitalize your video marketing strategy. It’s important to realize that there’s a bit of a learning curve here, and not every type of video is a great marriage with drone technology. That said, here are three ideas that are great for your first adventure into drone videos:
- Reveals Revitalized: A popular type of marketing video for small business is the big reveal. This might be anything from a grand opening after a renovation to a much-anticipated product release. These types of videos generate great engagement as is, so imagine the potential when a drone comes into play.
Drone videos can be recorded in a way that creates more suspense and anticipation. For example, a drone video of the outside of your building that slowly approaches the door on opening day, or a video from a drone flying around in your warehouse that captures the excitement and energy of a big release.
- A Sensory Experience: Short of virtual reality, drone videos are about as close to a complete sensory experience that you can get with digital marketing. For example, if you own a bed and breakfast, your video content can include hard to capture natural elements, from a close-up view of robin’s eggs to an aerial perspective of a lake.
- An Element of Surprise: You don’t even need to reach outside the box to create a great drone video. Take your video concept, record with traditional video, but also use a drone. Take the two versions and blend them to give your audience an incredible one-of-a-kind experience.
There’s a lot to learn and love about drone videos. We want to share our knowledge and expertise with you. Contact Quincify today and we’ll help you create a video marketing strategy that will grow your audience exponentially.
Share this Post